Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Best Smoothie I Ever Had

I've been having a craving for a chocolate milkshake.... since I don't consume any milk products anymore, I had to come up with something similar. I can't say that it exactly replicates a milkshake, but it is still the best smoothie I ever had. Sweet and chocolatey, a little coffee for a mocha twist, and best of all, you'd never know it has tofu in it. I swear, if you gave this smoothie to someone diametrically opposed to tofu, it might change their minds! It would be great with some rum, for a cocktail, also.... And it was easy, all you need is a blender or immersion blender and a pitcher, which is what I used. I should just create a sub-category for smoothies, I have too many recipes for them...

Chocolate Mocha Smoothie

You will need:
1 16 oz package silken tofu
2 cups cold coffee (cooled, at least)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups vanilla or chocolate soy or rice milk

Simply combine all ingredients in blender or pitcher, whatever you're using, and blend thoroughly. If you wanted to skip the coffee, just use an equal amount of rice or soymilk, and feel free to give it to your kids, they'll love it too! Makes about 4 servings, though you may want to drink it all by yourself! Enjoy. Now, if only I had an ice cream maker, I'd try making an ice cream out of this....

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious. Thanks for linking up to "What can I eat that's gluten free?" I hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete