Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This whole GF thing....

Do you know how rare it is to find other people at random who are also affected by Celiac Disease? I just found out yesterday that a good friend of my neighbor's is also a Celiac. So, my mom, me, and now one more person in this town. Oh, and my friend's mom. My goodness, but that's few and far between. I live in a town of 6,500 souls. I don't think there's even a CD support group in the area, no GF restaurants, not even GF OPTIONS most places. No wonder. I'm beginning to feel like I need to start raising awareness or something. My husband and I have been kicking around the idea of a GF Cafe/Bakery for a couple of years now. I'm thinking it sounds like an awesome idea now, but I need to work out the funding, and employees and such. I should ask all my friends how they'd feel about it first, I guess, they're the only people I'd want to hire. Kind of like Ace of Cakes on Food Network, huh? Get all my friends together and build a business. Wouldn't that just rock, to be able to do the thing I love best, cook for people, and have a true love for my work? We can all hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment